Monday, January 31, 2011

The God who sees me ...




Have there been times in your life when you feel God is just not “seeing” you – I KNOW that he KNOWS me – but is he seeing me and what’s on my heart”? Well, this is how I have been feeling of late – unseen and unheard. I hope that some of you can relate to this pondering?

I love that Hagar, when instructed by the Lord to return to Sarai, names the LORD as “the God that sees me” – this is what I am yearning for …. this is what I am praying for ….

Last nights sermon was confirmation that God does “see” each one of us – this is his job, he WANTS to see us and strengthen us in times when we are feeling left out of the mix!

‘The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.’  (2Chronicles 16:9a)

Of course the proviso of this beautiful promise is that our hearts should be fully committed to him. Unlike ASA who’s heart had forgotten the Lord and the good deeds and favour he had bestowed ASA – he placed his hope in other men and money – worldly stuff. He forgot God’s character – he will not leave nor forsake …

Over the Christmas, holiday period it is so easy to be lured away from Christ’s provision and focus on the tinsel and baubles …. I am thinking that is this is what has possibly transpired in my life …. my eye’s have not been on the prize ….

Thank you Lord that – although we may not feel that your eyes are seeing us, it is us who are not allowing ourselves to being seen by you …

Hope this may bless someone's heart today!

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment